Harrison Lake, Fraser Valley, British Columbia
Harrison Lake is the largest lake in the southern Coast Mountains of Canada, being about 250 square kilometres (95 mi²) in area. It is about 60 km (37 mi) in length and at its widest almost 9 km (5.6 mi) across. Its southern end, at the resort community of Harrison Hot Springs, is c. 95 km east of downtown Vancouver. East of the lake are the Lillooet Ranges while to the west are the Douglas Ranges. The lake is the last of a series of large north-south glacial valleys tributary to the Fraser along its north bank east of Vancouver, British Columbia. The others to the west are the Chehalis, Stave, Alouette, Pitt, and Coquitlam Rivers.
Information gathered from WikiPedia
Click Headers for more info
There are three hot springs along the shores of the lake or near it, including near Port Douglas, at Clear Creek, a tributary of Silver River, and at Harrison Hot Springs.
Max. length – 60 km (37 mi)
Max. width – 9 km (5.6 mi)
Surface area – 218 km2 (84 sq mi)
Max. depth – 279 m (915 ft)
Water volume – 33 km3 (27,000,000 acre⋅ft)
Surface elevation – 10 m (33 ft)
Harrison Lake was important in the early history of British Columbia as one of the water links on the Douglas Road, which accessed the goldfields of the upper Fraser during the Fraser Canyon Gold Rush of 1858-60. It was named "Harrison" by Hudson's Bay Company Governor Simpson, after Benjamin Harrison, a director (later Deputy Governor) of the Hudson's Bay Company.